Monday, June 16, 2008

So It Begins.......

I really had good intentions when I signed up to blog in April..........but silly me.........life got in the way in a big way! It never fails to amaze me how time keeps zooming by.......for fear of sounding like an old foggy.........but I just want the calendar to slow down........I feel like one of those cartoons where there is a calendar on the wall and the pages are just ripping off it at the speed of sound.......that is how I feel like my life is going right now and actually I've felt like that ever since I turned 50 which is almost five years ago.

As for the old foggy thing -- I was informed by my daughter-in-law over a month ago that I AM OLD. Ha ha ha..... just you wait girly.........time will get you too! I do have to admit that when I was in my 20s I really did think for a time that anyone over 30 was not to be trusted so I guess we are all just idiots during our late teens and early 20s. And.............I do feel old on the one day that I babysit my dear darling granddaughter for 12 hours straight.....or actually I feel old after I am done babysitting and sitting at home again on the couch trying to decide if I even have enough energy to get up and make something to eat more complicated than cereal. It is during these times that I realize that there is a reason why woman are not supposed to have children after a certain age.................and for those that do........well insanity is one way I would describe that!

So I've adjusted my thinking slightly and now I think anyone over 80 is old..........I'll let you know what I think is old once I hit 80!

No comments: