Thursday, June 19, 2008

Love hurts


It's been a month since I lost my beloved cat Callie and I am still struck with sadness pretty much every day when I think about her. I've had lots of animals throughout my life and I've loved them all but there are certain ones that just seem to imbed themselves in your heart and their loss is even greater when they are no longer with you. Three months ago she was her normal feisty and annoying self, threading herself through my legs under my desk talking loudly to me while I worked. Did I take the time to pay attention to her then? Sometimes but most of the time not so much.......which makes me realize that I need to PAY ATTENTION. Just as I am aging so are my pets and their stay here is most likely much shorter than mine. So from now one when my animal family is asking for my attention I need to give them just that .......... I never know when I will be sitting here missing them too!


No comments: